Your KBR future - delivering solutions and changing the world
Sigma Bravo, a KBR Company, is a leader in Defence Mission Planning Systems development and integration. Sigma Bravo uniquely couple’s aviation mission planning environments, operational and engineering support, training, agile software development, and systems implementation to enhance current Defence capabilities while designing the future military Mission Planning Environments.
Learn more about our business here (https://kbr.foleon.com/gsapac/gs-apac-overview/) .
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join an agile software development team working on projects for the Australian Defence Force.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the integration and operation of Mission Planning Systems (and associated tools and related networks in support of ADF aircraft.
In this position you will have responsibility of:
- Liaise with Force Element Group to establish specific user needs
- Develop data standardisation mechanisms for supported systems
- Conduct risk and safety assessments for supported systems
- Draft Design Changes for supported systems
- Adhoc technical investigation of MPS related technologies
- Assist software teams in development of software interfaces, requirements engineering and application of standards
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Sigma Bravo Engineering Management System;
- Assist in the implementation of technical aspects of the business management system;
- Development of technical documentation; and
- Workforce and other resource planning to meet technical requirements
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Min 5-year experience Defence or Civil Aerospace
- Knowledge of aviation or safety related software certification
- Knowledge of Defence Airworthiness processes and certification
- Strong Systems Safety Engineering experience (MIL-STD-882 or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge in requirements elicitation, design, development, testing and release of production quality software
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Defence Aviation Mission Planning Systems
- Safety System/Program Experience
- Knowledge and Experience of Systems Engineering
- Development experience using agile methods
- Network Architecture familiarity
- Geospatial Data Knowledge
- Software programming and integration skills
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Data & Information (DO-200 and/or DO-201)
- Experience applying engineering standards to software systems (ISO 12207 or MIL-STD-498 and DO-178 or DO-278)
- Project and Contract Management experience
- Knowledge and experience of configuration management practices
- Knowledge and/or experience with security accreditation of ICT systems.
What we will offer you:
- A workplace culture certified as a Great Place To Work (Aus, India, UK & US)
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary (including annual reviews)
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid Reservist leave
- Income protection
- Corporate rewards
- Salary packaging/Novated leasing
- Discounted employee stock purchase plans
- Flu shots, skin checks and private health insurance discounts
- Career development: Online learning, mentorship and career pathways
If you’re ready to shape tomorrow, let’s get started. Apply Now!
KBR acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Country throughout Australia and their continuing connections to land, sea, community and culture. We pay our respects to Elders past and present.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and diverse work environment. We encourage candidates of all abilities to apply.
As a Major Service Provider of the Australian Defence Force, an AGSVA security clearance will be required and compliance to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.