Senior Modelling and Simulation Architect
KBR is looking for a highly qualified Modelling and Simulation Architect to support the execution of an advanced research and development program. The architect’s primary responsibility is to establish the methodology, processes, and to provide technical reviews of the architected data relationships across various dynamic government and industry Digital Engineering (DE) applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Constructs accurate, cohesive, and synchronized digital threads across the multiple levels of classifications necessary to evaluate system maturation, enabling technical evaluation and programmatic decisions throughout the lifecycle.
- Works in concert with both the Government and Industry MBSE and other DE disciplines to guide overall model of models schemas that are in support of the overall DE vision, with as many architected automated relationships as feasible. Some of the various DE applications include; analytical, parametric, physics based, virtualized hardware, and constructive models and simulations.
- Responsible for evaluating and supporting relationships between the models, emulations, simulations, and/or digital representations that will be required to have feedback loops into the MBSE and DE authoritative sources of truth at varying degrees of fidelity to establish effectiveness and capability-based maturation evaluations for successful weapons systems development.
- Works with Date Architects and IT/Cyber personnel to ensure the M&S architecture is in alignment with the necessary Cyber/IT methods and processes.
- Travel (20%) is required for this position.
- This position is not eligible for telework.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university. Experience cannot be substituted for education.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A current Top Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 6 years is required.
- Candidates should be proficient in SysML, MagicDraw/Cameo, MATLAB, Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- Candidates should have very strong knowledge in systems engineering and design of military aircraft.
- Candidate should also have experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML, C++, SQL/Access and Java.
- Candidate should have demonstrated very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate should have experience working in a dynamic, schedule constrained, and complex security environment.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.