Network Administrator - $3,000 Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Sign On Bonus
Night Shift. 6pm - 6am Panama
KBR is currently seeking a talented Network Administrator to support the 33rd Network Warfare Squadron (NWS) Computer Response Team located at the Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for a Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
Additional Skills required:
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking
- Work with AF field units to resolve network issues and perform actions necessary to ensure IDS/IPS sensors are collecting and reporting network activity
- Diagnose and resolve end user problems, and ensure the end users adhere to the proper security policies and procedures
- Active Top-Secret Clearance SCI (US Citizen Only)
Qualifications: Contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
One certification from each category or a minimum of two certifications and willingness to obtain the third certification.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II &
- CSSP Infrastructure Support; and
- Linux+, Red Hat or CCNA
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Travel: 10% Travel required
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.