Diego Garcia: Journeyman Electrician
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Diego Garcia is a remote, tropical island in the Indian Ocean with a Naval Support Facility that serves as the base of operations, maintenance and logistical support for operational forces forward deployed to the Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf areas. KBR provides a wealth of services to keep the base running and mission ready.
The Journeyman Electrician will:
- Under the supervision of the Superintendent, carry out tasks related to the maintenance and repair of electrical systems of 600-volts or less in facilities and grounds structures.
- Read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- Ensure the highest quality standards are instilled in all installations.
- Maintain, install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Complete records, maintain tools and equipment, and perform various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Identify proper materials required for specific installations and submit material requisitions through the procurement process.
- Perform in-house quality control inspections of completed jobs and initiate corrective/preventive actions.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replace damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Perform preventive maintenance of electrical equipment and lightning protection systems.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in electrical installation, maintenance, and repair with at least three (3) years of experience as Leadman or Foreman.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints, and design and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Must know electrical trade theory and follow the National Electrical Code.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid country of origin’s driver’s license.
- Completion of a TESDA course with the National Certifications is a plus (Electrical Installation and Maintenance - NC II, III, IV).
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.