Test Engineer, Intermediate
KBR, is currently recruiting for a Test Engineer, Intermediate to join our team on Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD to support our customer, Project Manager Intelligence Systems & Analytics – Army (PM IS&A).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an intermediate test engineer in PM IS&A, with responsibilities for assisting the PM in managing, monitoring, coordinating, planning and developing all test and evaluation (T&E) activities and documentation.
- Use skills and knowledge of policies, regulations and procedures governing T&E to assist project leaders in planning, coordinating, and reviewing all elements of T&E.
- Assists the PMs in the integration and execution of all developmental, technical, operational, and production testing, and in the evaluation of managed items.
- Assist the PMs in preparing, developing, reviewing, and coordinating all PM-generated T&E documents such as Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs), Test and Evaluation Strategies, and Test Support Packages (TSPs), and in reviewing and coordinating ATEC T&E documentation (Operational Test Plans (OTPs), System Evaluation Plans (SEPs), Operational Evaluation Reports (OERs), etc.) and in coordinating test plans and actions with all relevant stakeholders.
- Assists the PMs in the preparation for, and participation in, T&E related meetings and workgroups to include Test IPTs, Data Authentication Groups (DAGs), RAM working groups, Scoring Conferences, TSARCs, etc.
- Support and work with Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC), as well as, other test organizations to satisfy testing requirements for successful fielding and integration.
- Support various Government and 3rd party vendor testing at various locations leading up to the Government acceptance.
- Design tests to include planning test resource requirements. Witnessing tests and providing technical support.
- Document test procedures and results. Reviews test data for accuracy and reviews and coordinate test reports and system evaluations for completeness and accuracy.
- Identify interoperability issues/gaps/shortfalls. Provide recommendations for optimization.
- Review PM IS&A overarching requirements and provide input into the establishment of hardware and software requirements along with verification methodology.
- Prepare, review, and update existing technical documentation, as required, to support timely and effective acquisition milestones.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, System or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Ten (10) years of direct experience in testing of complex computer systems, mechanical, electrical/electronic and software systems.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable familiarity with test planning, execution and reporting with formal testing of acquisition programs.
- Experience with the Department of Defense developmental and operational testing policies, processes and procedures. Knowledge of the Defense Acquisition Process.
- Must have an active Top Secret / SCI
Should not exceed 50% for this position. Travel may include continental United States and outside continental United States locations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full?time position, Monday through Friday. Flexibility around core hours. Travel may occur outside of normal core hours.
KBR offers a competitive, value-based total compensation package for employees.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.