IT Project Manager
KBR is looking for a Project Manager for the Space Science Mission Operations Group. This position will oversee all development and sustainment efforts across the space science portfolio of mission operations. This position will also serve as our IT Service Incident Manager/CAB Facilitator.
The Project Manager will lead cross-functional teams on variable scaled projects to deliver IT services in a multi-customer and multi-vendor environment. This requires strong change management skills with the ability to ensure quality and customer satisfaction as a top need amid competing priorities. This role will work closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and completion of projects to increase production quality, efficiency, or volume. The Project Manager will own the customer relationship and conducts briefings, provides status, and leads technical solution and requirements sessions through daily customer interactions.
To be successful in this combined role KBR is looking for a candidate that has strong organization and communication skills, including verbal and written communications; the ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently; a proven track record to drive results and self-initiation; and the ability to work with technical staff and communicate technical content.
- Provide overall direction and management to multiple work groups engaged in diverse IT infrastructure activities such as service build-out and configuration, system administration, hardware procurement, ground system network design and operations
- Responsible for the scope, resources, schedule, and performance of multiple projects in a very technical environment
- Manage through direct reports as well as outside teams comprised of system engineers, system administrators and network operations personnel
- Direct the performance of operational tasks, oversees the financial and technical delivery of task objectives, and manages all client interaction
- Develops technical proposals to support new business development including statements of work, task order documentation, staffing plans and financial tracking
- Facilitate a weekly CAB for normal and emergency update/changes, for planning and communicating scheduled changes calendar across the SSMO program and deconflicting between Ground systems, Missions, Facilities, and all other support groups
- Anticipate and plan for skill and human resource requirements and develop staff to meet those needs
- Conduct performance evaluations, plans salary actions, recommends hires and promotions
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline or related field
- 7 + years related experience, including progressive related management experience
- Excellent knowledge of project management methodology, techniques and skills required to effectively manage scope, schedule, costs, communication, resources, quality, and risk
- Understanding of production IT Environment and IT Operations
- Information Systems, Change Management and Enablement, or another related field; Incident, problem, or change workflow automation tool experience
- ITIL Standard for Change and Incident Management practices (Certified ITIL (Foundation) V4 -Preferred)
- Proficiency with project management skills and tools
- Demonstrated decision making skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think critically and solve problems effectively and successfully
- Strong communication skills including the ability to present ideas, influence others, and communicate at all levels, internal/external, technical/non-technical
- Proven leadership ability along with successful experience in leading technical resources through the development lifecycle
- Business development skills
- Risk management skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.