Special Operations Clinical Psychologist (27 SOW/Cannon AFB, NM) - Sign-on Bonus Eligible
Sign-on bonus of up to $10K may be available to qualified, selected candidates (eligibility requirements may apply). Current KBR employees are not eligible to receive sign-on bonuses.
THIS POSITION OFFERS RELOCATION.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
The Special Operations Clinical Psychologist will provide technical expertise, guidance, and direct clinical service to special operations forces (SOF).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• May develop, plan and initiate resiliency programs for preventing and treating behavior health issues to support all aspects of a service member readiness and resiliency.
• Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
• Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
• Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders including providing psychological treatment for individuals and groups, helping medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries, and assisting in rehabilitation of patients.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
• This position requires a Secret Clearance or Top, Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance.
• Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD) from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
• Successful completion of an Internship/Residency in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical work in a mental health setting.
• Providers must be able to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any U.S. State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Obtain practice privileges from the servicing military medical treatment facility.
Standard Company Requirements:
• Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
• Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
• Experience working in a government setting such as DoD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.