ABOUT THIS POSITION
KBR is seeking an experienced systems engineer to support an Air Force customer with varied program requirements. The candidate should have demonstrated performance in DoD and industry systems engineering, be comfortable taking on different roles in a team, and work independently and proactively with diverse stakeholders and participants. The systems engineer will work directly with program leadership, chief engineers, and the director of engineering to implement integrated enterprise systems engineering. This is an exciting position supporting a fast-paced Air Force customer with diverse and ever-changing requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Craft, develop, implement, and execute innovative systems engineering practices, processes
- Manage, analyze, and trace functional and non-functional system requirements, test cases, architecture components, etc.
- Recommend improvements to systems engineering processes
- Accurately and concisely articulate issues, questions, and recommendations to customers, team members and management
- Perform data analysis and translate business strategy into long-term technical roadmaps
- Gather, analyze, and make recommendations specific to customer requirements
- Review the feasibility of new and existing project requirements
- Coordinate with cybersecurity Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process for new technology
- Draft and deliver presentations/solutions to various stakeholders
- Contribute to multiple project efforts and interface with multiple contractors, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC), Government, and US military
- Travel up to 25% (within CONUS) is required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ total experience to include 2 years’ engineering experience with the DoD/Air Force required (IC preferred) per contract requirement
- Current Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility required (SAR/SAP experience desired) per contract requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree (Mathematics, Engineering) required per contract requirement
- Ability to balance multiple project efforts, meet schedules/deadlines, and interface with contractors, FFRDC, Government, and US military personnel at various levels required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
- Knowledge of DOORS and/or Unified Modeling Language (UML) required
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Assurance Modeling (SEAM) and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) best practices desired
- Information Technology Acquisition or Cyber operations experience desired
- Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) Level II or III Certification (or equivalent) in Systems Engineering desired
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition process desired
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility is required at hire and must be maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.