Configuration Management Specialist (Supporting NASA at JSC in Houston, Texas)
The purpose/function of this position is to provide Configuration and Management (CM) to the Exploration Development Integration (EDI) Office within Common Exploration Systems Directorate (CESD). Tasks include implementation of CM policies and processes, managing Change Requests (CRs), managing CESD engagement in review of Program CRs, maintaining tools in support of CR tasks and products, and presentations of CM status in working level and management meetings. The person will work at Johnson Space Center with a large team of System Engineering and Integration (SE&I) personnel across multiple NASA centers in a virtual environment.
- Provide Configuration Management (CM)/Data Management (DM) through the implementation of applicable CESD policies/processes.
- Manage engagement for CESD and cross-program Program CRs throughout lifecycle (coordination, review, comment resolution, board approval and release).
- Coordinate and integrate with NASA Program and CESD stakeholders at multiple centers in a virtual environment for CM activities.
- Maintain portal/wiki/sharepoint tools necessary to archive CM data/products and track CR traffic.
- Provide Configuration Status Accounting reports and records management as needed.
- Participate in team meetings, status work progress and provide inputs for team success.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 7 years of applicable configuration management experience.
- Experience performing configuration management for NASA programs/projects.
- Experience in coordinating and integrating CM for multiple documents in parallel.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Experience with records management requirements.
- Experience in an SE&I environment.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive ability to learn on the job
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously and multi-task assignments
- Ability to work within a team environment, where the team is distributed across multiple NASA centers
- Ability to identify concerns and gaps in information and communicate concerns to leadership in a diplomatic manner
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence wiki tool and Sharepoint
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.