Sr. Space Ground Facility Sustainment Specialist - TS/SCI
KBR is seeking s Senior Space Ground Facility Sustainment Specialist to support the Narrowband Satellite Communications (NBSC) program at Space Systems Command. This professional will provide support for ground facility and infrastructure maintenance for the Mobile User Objective System. The MUOS ground system includes feeder links, antennas, terminals, radio access facilities, switching facilities, terrestrial network connectivity, and other facilities/infrastructure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Works high-visibility, mission critical aspects of programs and performs all functional duties independently- oversees and responsible for efforts of subordinates
- Provide system engineering reports for facility management including site surveys, site preparation, and on-site support during vendor installation and site verification
- Participate in TIMs, IPTs, and other meetings and discussions relating to site engineering maintenance and sustainment support, deliverable reviews, and risk assessments
- Manage ground segment installation and maintenance schedules with sufficient detail to track progress, deconflict tasks, and minimize downtime
- Conduct systems / system of systems architecture design, testing, implementation, integration, review, and certification activities
- Conduct data analyses, interpret, and summarize results
- Conduct technical requirements definition / allocation
- Develop technical documentation, to include test plans and reports
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy—oral and written
- Minimum ten (10) years DoD/IC, or relevant industry work experience on SATCOM
- Experience supporting installation activities for space ground facilities
- Experience with development of Configuration Control Board (CCB) packages, and other document needed to support hardware and software installation due to obsolescence and system failures/sparing requirements
- Experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical materials for Department of Defense (DoD), Navy acquisition program, or related agencies
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedules, and risk management
- Experience with Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Relevant DoD and/or Industry work experience in SATCOM/MUOS
- Advisory and Assistance Service (A&AS) to Government program office
- Experience developing and editing Extensible Markup Language (XML) technical documents and/or Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant training documentation
- Experience applying regulations and policies affecting publishing of Navy publications; practices, and standards (i.e., Naval Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) Series, MILSTD-29612 Series, and Advanced Distributive Learning (ADL) initiatives)
- Experience with space and/or multi-domain warfighter operations
- Experience with ACAT I/II level acquisition programs
- Experience in Space Systems Command (SSC) acquisition
- Fluency with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (BA/BS) degree from an accredited college or university
- Candidate must have active TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility as a condition of employment
- Full-time, on site in vicinity of San Diego, CA, and will require travel up to 25% of time within the continental United States
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.