IT Systems Engineer - $3k Signing Bonus
KBR’s Defense Systems Engineering Business Unit (DSE BU) provides full spectrum engineering and technical solutions across the life cycle of DoD military systems on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Areas of expertise include acquisition, systems engineering and integration, AI/big data applications, cyber, R&D, test and evaluation, C4ISR and sustainment engineering.
KBR is currently seeking a talented IT Systems Engineer to support the 33rd Cyber Operations Squadron (COS) Response team located at the Lackland Airforce Base, San Antonio, TX.
$3,000 Signing Bonus!!
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidate will provide IT Systems Engineering services supporting all mission networks. The candidate will also perform related activities and coordinate actions with systems administrators, and external units. The candidate will perform VMware/Linux/Windows Engineering of the customer’s central management systems, operational networks, the training network, local base NIPRNet and SIPRNet CSA actions, and pre-deployment network configurations. Perform installation, upgrades, and daily maintenance of SANs, Linux, Windows, and VMware operating systems and other network and computer components.
- Perform administration and maintenance on mission network servers, workstations, Storage Area Networks (SAN) and other network and computer components and COTS/GOTS software applications.
- Configure physical and virtual servers, connect network storage, and troubleshoot network/server/user problems beyond intermediate administrative responsibilities.
- Perform engineering/advanced level installation, upgrades, and daily maintenance of hardware and software consisting of Linux, Microsoft and VMware operating systems, physical workstations, Zero-client workstations, security event correlators, SAN, Anti-virus and vulnerability remediation systems and software (ex: ACAS/Nessus), computer printers, KVM switches, fiber optic media, fiber-channel/iSCSI connectivity, gigabit Ethernet, and other network and computer components.
- Evaluate and document the systems configuration and virtual infrastructure, particularly under periods of peak usage, and determine where corrections and enhancements can be made to include removing misconfigured or excessive network components.
- Responsible for documentation of hardware/software logs, operating procedures, and all maintenance actions performed.
- Experience with administrative maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting actions on a variety of commercial software suites
- Working knowledge of SANs consisting of Linux, Windows and VMware operating systems and other network and computer components. Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, and initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Experience with network backups on mission critical systems for same day recovery
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Candidates MUST already possess an Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (TS/SCI). Only candidates with an active Top-Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility will be considered.
Certification from each category is required.
- IAT Level II CE - (Security+CE, SSCP, CySA+, CND, GICSP, GSEC, CCNA-Security)
- CSSP Infrastructure Support (CSSP-IS) - (CND, CEH, CySA+, SSCP, GICSP, CHFI, CFR, Cloud+)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP-DCV)
- CompTIA Linux+ or Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- High school diploma.
- 6-8 years of related experience.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.