GAM: Production Electrician - SIGN ON BONUS
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA, and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
This role is with KBR’s GAM, Global Asset Management group. At GAM, we provide our customers with a range of services including Regulatory and Customer Compliance of Property Systems, Import/Export Trade Compliance, Material Management, Stockrooms/Tool Cribs/Receiving, Engineering Tool Design and Rework/Repairs, Records Management, Distribution Services, Capital Asset Management, Development & Production-Equipment Maintenance, and Facilities Project Management?.
As a Production Electrician, you will:
- Work with other technicians and perform a wide variety of technical duties.
- Diagnose / troubleshoot, repair, or replace electrical and electronic circuits and equipment in support of production operations and electromechanical systems.
- Work on a variety of CNC machines, lathes, mills, vacuum pumps, electronic machine controls/controllers and lasers.
- Use creative thinking to troubleshooting, repair, and perform general maintenance.
- Take direction from Lead Technicians and customers regarding equipment upgrades and other modifications.
- Perform research on parts, equipment, or other solutions as required to assist engineering and maintenance staff.
- Work independently and collaboratively, helping with the movement of materials and equipment to work locations and set up work sites.
- Complete and review records.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and a clean work environment.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, and 8 or more years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or related industry certification preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the national electric code and basic fundamentals of electricity.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics, PLC's, repair and maintenance manuals, and detail drawings.
- Must be able to learn production equipment software, including program parameters and operating settings and a solid understanding of programmable logic controllers.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be comfortable with periodically working in a production environment wearing appropriate PPE and following Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Safety protocols.
- Must be proficient in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Must have experience in testing and troubleshooting using equipment such as DVM's, oscilloscopes, AC & DC power supplies.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stretch, squat, lean and stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP Plant Maintenance or other CMMS.
- Experience Programming PLC's.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.
For our Military Service Members:
MOS's and AFSC's that may map over to this role:
- 51R Electrician
- 12R Interior Electrician
- 21R Interior Electrician
- 51R Interior Electrician
- 1141 Electrician
- 3.00E+31 Electrical Systems
- 3.00E+32 Electrical Power Production
- 3.00E+51 Electrical Systems
- 3.00E+52 Electrical Power Production
- 3.00E+71 Electrical Systems
- 3.00E+72 Electrical Power Production
- 3.00E+91 Electrical Systems
- 3.00E+92 Electrical Power Production
- 3E0X1 Electrical Systems
- 3E0X2 Electrical Power Production
- 54230 Electrical Systems Specialist
- 54250 Electrical Systems Specialist
- 54270 Electrical Systems Specialist
- 54290 Electrical Systems Specialist
- 6370 LDO - Electrician
- 6373 LDO - Electrician
- 6375 LDO - Electrician
- 6377 LDO - Electrician
- CE Construction Electrician
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.