Special Operations Clinical Psychologist
THIS POSITION OFFERS RELOCATION
A career at KBR can change the world — and change your life. If you’re ready, let’s get started.
Our capabilities cover the entire spectrum of space-based activity, from mission planning and execution to astronaut training, and spacecraft operations. We conduct scientific research and training simulations, perform extreme environment testing for space hardware and equipment, and staff every console in NASA’s mission control. KBR also maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for the U.S. Military Special Forces Command.
We’re looking for talent to fulfill an Embedded Clinical Psychologist remit at multiple U.S. and overseas location.
• Providing technical expertise, guidance, and direct clinical service.
• May develop, plan and initiate resiliency programs for preventing and treating behavior health issues to support all aspects of a service member readiness and resiliency.
• Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
• Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
• Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders including providing psychological treatment for individuals and groups, helping medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries, and assisting in rehabilitation of patients.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
• This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance.
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
• Successful completion of an Internship/Residency in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical work in a mental health setting.
• Providers must be able to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any U.S. State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.