Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading language and intelligence services company supporting a wide range of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and continues to grow.
We are actively hiring a Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance and polygraph to join our Mission Technology Division working in a Government IC environment in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Read in-depth technical reports and distill the important findings that have an impact on how the product will be used by the customer
- Devise innovative solutions using the tools at hand to solve a complex problem.
- Determine methods to adjust the COTS product or to combine products to meet the desired security and functionality goals.
- Troubleshoot problems and devise solutions, often on a short timeline, that allows functionality to resume.
- Test solutions as they would work in the field within the mission infrastructure.
- Investigate new commercial technologies to determine feasibility for use within the operational parameters defined for required capabilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Advanced understanding of specific enterprise environments that direct the correlation of system data for mission impact
- IC experienced desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent training and/or experience
- 10+ years’ experience in systems engineering or software development
- Able to identify customer requirements that are not always overtly stated, and translate those requirements in to engineering and requirements
- Understanding of cryptography in the context of engineering, and other methods of encryption at rest. Transport layer encryption such as SSL/TLS, PKI, certificate authorities as well as open-source and proprietary protocols.
- Working knowledge and experience with Legacy BIOS and UEFI firmware. Windows, Various Linux Distributions, Android and iOS operating systems knowledge beyond a user level.
- Working hands on knowledge of VMWare, Virtual box and other open source virtual environments.
- Ability to create virtual images from open source downloads in which operating systems can be tested and modified.
- Identifying useable frequencies across the RF spectrum. WiFi, Software Defined Radio, LoRa, Commercial Satellite systems such as Iridium as well as close range technologies such as NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi Direct.
- Experience with Emerging Technologies — IOT, Telematics, leverage of social trends such as social media and crypto currency.
- Effective technical communication
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR