Blinderman Construction is seeking a Project Engineer! In this mid-level role, the Project Engineer will support the Project Manager in completing assignments that aid in the overall completion and financial outcome of construction projects. The employee may be assigned to the Regional, Federal, or Concrete Programs, as needed.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Medical and PTO Plans
- 100% Employer Paid Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurances
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning opportunities through our internal academy, Blinderman University
- Annual Cell Phone Stipend
Your Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Project Executive, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Project Manager and/or Project Executive with project documentation throughout all phases of the project including contract execution, submittals, schedules, and change proposals/orders
- Provide technical support to construction staff under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Executive
- Work to resolve problems involving material delivery and contracts
- Assist in subcontract administration
- Input and update Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule
- Promote project safety in all interactions and when at the jobsite
- Confirm safety audits are conducted and subcontractor AHAs are prepared in compliance with company safety protocols
- Aid in preparation of project quality control program
- Assist Project Manager or Project Executive with assembling EEO documentation or any necessary client documentation
- Develop and cultivate long term relationships with outside owners, vendors, and sub-contractors
What You Offer
- Minimum of 1 year of technical experience in construction required
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management or similar field of study, or significant equivalent construction related work experience is required
- Display a basic understanding of the design, construction, and documentation process
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain project timelines
- Capacity to develop and maintain schedules
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs, specifically Excel and SharePoint are required; SmartSheet software preferred
- OSHA 30-hour Certification
- Knowledge of industry programs including Procore, Bluebeam, P6, Viewpoint, and/or Building Connected highly advantageous
- Strive to understand Blinderman’s approach to projects and to display this approach in their daily work
- Flexibility to work extended work hours/days to meet deadlines
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Work is performed primarily at our corporate office, located in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood
- Work at current jobsite may be required regularly
- Frequent walking, sitting, use hands to handle equipment, talk, hear
- Occasional standing, reaching, climbing, kneeling.
- May lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds
Who We Are
Blinderman Construction is a general contractor with expertise in historic restoration, complex renovations, and ground-up construction. Located in Chicago, IL, we have a 50+ year history of successful projects within the Midwest and continue to expand our footprint across the United States. Our inclusive, vibrant, and energetic culture set us apart from other firms in similar markets.
Blinderman Concrete is a specialty division of Blinderman Construction. As experts in all aspects of concrete repair and restoration, Blinderman Concrete provides exacting craftsmanship and safe construction.
Visa Requirements Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
Blinderman Construction Company, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR