Information System Security Officer
KBR is seeking a Information Security Officer to support government customers in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Data Transfer Officer (DTO) roles ensures the operational security is maintained for information systems. The ISSO works with the configuration management team, and the IT support team to document the configuration of all relevant systems in the Xacta Information Assurance manager database, and ensure compliance with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 requirements. The ISSO performs continuous monitoring of vulnerability and security notices and ensures customer systems remain compliant. The DTO supports the customer mission by providing file transfer services between security networks. The ISSO/DTO function also provides Automated Information System (AIS) media support, scanning, producing, and dispositioning media used by the customer. This function also provides security review in support of a document quality review process, supports Business Continuity requirements. Select, transfer and load items from one security or network domain to another security or network domain.
- Be responsible for customer IT systems, test environments, and support hardware.
- Perform systems Security System Authorization Agreement (SSAA) creations, accreditation, continuous monitoring, decommissioning and consulting for mission systems.
- Acquire and maintain ICD 503 and XACTA certification.
- Monitor and report status of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) compliance and ensure associated patches are up to date for customer mission systems.
- Create and annually review/update the Information Technologies Disaster Recovery (ITDR) plan as part of the Continuity Planning Tool (CPT) database for each of the customer Security System Authorization Agreements (SSAA) and conduct the mandatory annual desktop exercises. Acquire and maintain DTO certification
- Provide data transfer functions from high to low IT systems, and low to high IT systems as requested.
- Provide and support the ability for CD, DVD, and HD media duplication and distribution, as required in support of the customer mission
- Coordinate and facilitate the download and virus scanning of customer approved freeware, shareware, or open source software for use by the TAC mission
- Coordinate and facilitate entrance and removal of AIS media, hardware, and software within customer facilities as required. Catalog, track, and virus scan all test software and data; provide a data repository and distribution center associated with the customer missions; provide quarterly and annual media audits; and interface with the customer configuration management staff, security, test directors/engineers, customers, and support staff supporting the customer mission.
- Create and annually review/update the Business Continuity Plans (BCP) for each of the mission functions and conduct annual desktop exercises as required. Provide coordination between customer and other government organizations for security related activities.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience using Web based Technologies and Markup Languages (HTML and Web Systems Concepts)
- Experience using Quality Assurance and Troubleshooting & Analysis, Controlled Access Program Coordination Office (CAPCO) Markings and Implementation
- Experience using Multi-tiered systems and communication between components
- Experience using Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage Using System and Storage architecture best practices
- Experience using Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) tools to load data into databases and into disk storage tools to extract data from databases
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Interpersonal skills to interact with Customers and IT Staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI (with poly preferred)
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.