Diego Garcia: Electronics Works Center Manager
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Diego Garcia is a remote, tropical island in the Indian Ocean with a Naval Support Facility that serves as the base of operations, maintenance and logistical support for operational forces forward deployed to the Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf areas. KBR provides a wealth of services to keep the base running and mission ready.
The Electronics Works Center Manager will:
- Maintain the upkeep and timely repair of Navigational Aid and Landing Systems (NAALS) equipment to ensure continuous safe air operations in support of the installation mission.
- Strategize, plan and manage the Ground Electronics or Work Center operations.
- Be responsible for the quality and quantity of avionics work, man-hours expended, job assignments and job priorities as well as supervising and coordinating the activities of workers engaged in the scheduled inspection, servicing, and maintenance of avionics equipment.
- Maintain radios, radars, meteorological services, air navigational aids, associated computers, and other electronic equipment.
- Ensure PMS and contract requirements are met.
- Liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, and subcontractors.
- Report directly to the Senior Management.
- Apply policies, procedures and best practice processes to support Ground Electronics or Work Center operations.
- Coordinate the resource planning of the Ground Electronics operations including the work of the team, performance management and training.
- Prepare required reports and advise the Airfield Manager of outages or scheduled downtimes.
- Use specialized knowledge and skills to solve complex and unique problems.
- Direct the daily activities of a business support, technical support, or functional support team.
- Use experience and problem-solving skills to develop and improve processes.
- Manage the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of your employment on this contract.
- Must have a High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering and Aviation Management, based on a four-year course of study from a U.S. or U.K. Aviation Colleges or Universities or equivalent institution is preferred.
- Requires at least 10 years of experience in a position of overall management responsibility for a Work Center like or greater than Diego Garcia Ground Electronics or Work Center operations along with experience working simultaneously in a multi-function base operation environment.
- Requires an excellent attention to detail, and solid project management skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office software.
- Must have a valid State issued Driver’s License and be able to obtain a Driver’s license with restriction code of at least 2 or 3.
- Must be able to obtain Airfield Vehicle Operators Instruction Course (AVOIC) Training and receive a license to operate vehicles on the airfield provided by the Government.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
Navigational Aid and Landing Systems (NAALS) and Air Traffic Control Maintenance:
- Instrument Landing Systems (ILS)
- Tactical Air Navigation System (TACAN)
- Automated Surface Observing System (ASOS) and Weather Radar Systems
- Non-Directional Beacon (NDB)
- Automated Terminal Information System (ATIS)
- Aviation Maintenance Work Center Managers Course
- Aviation Maintenance Work Center Supervisor Course
- Electronic Fundamentals Training Section (EFTS)
- Basic Electronics Course
- Advanced Electronics Course
- Terminal Equipment Training Section (TETS)
- Electronics Maintenance Technicians Course (EMTC)
- Electronics Maintenance Supervisors Course (EMSC)
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.