Diego Garcia: Construction Superintendent – Contingency
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Diego Garcia is a remote, tropical island in the Indian Ocean with a Naval Support Facility that serves as the base of operations, maintenance and logistical support for operational forces forward deployed to the Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf areas. KBR provides a wealth of services to keep the base running and mission ready.
As the Construction Superintendent you will:
- Work with the Construction Manager to manage all the aspects of operation of the Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) project.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Lead a group of technical staff on projects.
- Supervise all construction activities and ensure compliance to all design and budget.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Liason with the engineering firm for the project.
- Prepare executive reports and interfacing with client representatives.
- Evaluate all construction drawings and ensure accuracy in implementation of same and maintain an effective construction schedule for both engineering and construction departments.
- Assist in all special projects and perform on-site visits.
- Ensure compliance to all project specifications and guidelines.
- Act as the channel of communications with the Contractor on all matters relevant to the satisfactory completion of the works under the contract.
- Supervise the works to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the contract.
- Supervise the methods adopted by the Contractor for the execution of the works undertaken by him to ensure the satisfactory execution.
- Check that all notices and wayleaves are arranged in a timely manner.
- Ensure that there is no delay in providing the Contractor with full information required for the ordering of Prime Cost Items.
- Supervise and record any tests of materials.
- Ensure that up-to-date record drawings are produced.
- Ensure that progress photographs are taken and maintained.
- Maintain careful notes of all disputes arising out of the interpretation of the contract so that, if necessary, the form of contract and specification can be amended for similar future works.
- Assure implementation of the company's Safety Policy.
- Notify the Contractor and others of any hazardous situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a U.S. Government driver’s license.
- Must possess high level leadership skills.
- Must possess high level customer relations skills.
- Must have knowledge of construction management processes, means, methods, building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Requires a thorough understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Must have a High School Diploma, BS Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
- Requires ten (10) years minimum total experience in Construction Management with Five (5) years as Supervisor or Superintendent of various construction projects.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.