Diego Garcia: Fire Inspector – Contingency
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides fire prevention services to ensure fire risks are identified, documented, and mitigated in a timely manner.
- Performs service, maintains, and inspects fire extinguishers to ensure constant readiness of fire suppression capability and accurate documentation of serviceability in a timely manner.
- Provides fire prevention code enforcement services to ensure facilities are in compliance with codes and documentation is complete and accurate in a timely manner.
- Performs inspections to ensure compliance with OPNAVINST series 11320.23.
- Performs industrial inspections to ensure compliance with schedules in OPNAVINST 11320.23 (SERIES).
- Performs inspections of recreational facilities at closing time to ensure compliance with OPNAVINST 11320.23 (SERIES) and DGREGCOORDINST 11320.7 (SERIES).
- Performs inspection of new construction and alteration of facilities to ensure compliance with series OPNAVINST 11320.23(SERIES) and DGREGCOORDINST 11320.7 (SERIES), and UFC 3-600-01.
- Present at pre-acceptance and acceptance tests of installed fire protection equipment at new facilities to ensure awareness of equipment and its readiness.
- Inspects proposed operation for fire and explosion hazards to ensure compliance is enforced.
- Provides public education services to ensure awareness is promoted and training is conducted to minimize the risk of death and injury resulting from disasters, accidents, and fires.
- Conduct fire extinguisher training as required.
- Conduct fire warden training as required.
- Conduct fire drills (Exit drills) as required.
- Conduct fire prevention indoctrination for civilian and military personnel.
- Issue Hot Work Permits.
- Ensures fire risks are identified, documented, and mitigated in a timely manner.
- Participates in Fire Prevention Week activities as directed by the Supervisor.
- Will assist the AC with Fire Prevention as needed for Fire Safety and Fire Prevention-related matters for SEHP.
- Other duties during this project will include ensuring Fire Department access roads are maintained for the duration of the project
- Ensures Fire Hydrants remain unobstructed during construction.
- Identifies alternate response routes.
- Communicates professionally both orally and in writing with team members and others, as needed, to relay information necessary for job success.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Supervisor.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- + Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable to effectively liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors, and clients.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing and must have good computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid and be able to obtain a Government driver’s license.
- Must obtain and maintain an Airfield Vehicle Operators certificate (AVOC)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATION OR TRAINING
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Fire Inspector I and II)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Public Fire and Life Safety Educator)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Awareness)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Operations with Mission-Specific Competencies, Personal Protective Equipment, and Product Control)
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED Training from American Red Cross
- Must have at least a high school diploma is required; an Associate's or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be a graduate of, or scheduled to attend, the National Fire Protection Association Life Safety Course 101.
- Minimum of two years experience as a firefighter and a minimum of two years experience as a fire inspector. Inspector experience shall have been gained in inspection for and detection, control, and elimination of fire hazards, application of fire regulations and fire codes, writing descriptions of violations, and making corrective recommendations.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.