Diego Garcia: Project Engineer
- Project Engineer for the Indefinite Quantity (IQ) Fire Pump Repair and Piping System Replacement Projects
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for technical/operational leadership of a project/mission within the programmatic guidelines set by the Construction Manager and customer.
- Defines generate, and reviews project requirements documentation.
- Performs technical studies to refine project requirements.
- Monitors projects to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- May conduct performance or project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
- Incumbents have experience as engineers before moving into this project role. Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the Group, its processes, and customers.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems.
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Understands key industry drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Has developed the foundational knowledge of DOD, Agency, and/or industry standards and engineering requirements.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents.
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- No formal supervisory responsibility.
- No formal mentoring or advisory responsibilities; provides informal task guidance to new/less experienced team members.
- Performs other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have safety qualifications for climbing in confined spaces, working at heights, and inspecting gas and high voltage lines.
- Must know civil and mechanical trade theory and the ability to follow the applicable codes and standards.
- Must be able to create drawings in AutoCAD and provide references for at least 1.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable to effectively liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors, and clients, and report directly to the Senior Management. Must have a reference for at least one technical document with analysis work in English of a minimum of 5 pages.
- Must be detail orientated and have good project management skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid and be able to obtain driver’s license in country of Origin.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Must hold current engineering license by the Government of their Nationality.
- Licensed Civil Engineer
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in evaluating civil or structural, plumbing, pipeline, and mechanical projects and installations including at least one (1) Major Project.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.