Project Package Engineer
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program life cycle within the Government Services and Hydrocarbons sectors. KBR employs approximately 34,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries
We are looking for a Project / Package Engineer to work on EPCM portfolio of projects under a general service agreement to be based in Basra, Iraq
Work Week: 54 hours
Rotation Leave: : 6 days on and 1 day Off
Job Responsibility and Requirement
Package Planning and Scope Definition:
- Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders to define the scope and boundaries of the package.
- Analyze technical specifications, drawings, and design documents to understand package requirements.
- Break down the package into tasks, milestones, and deliverables.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management:
- Identify and source necessary materials, equipment, and resources required for the package.
- Coordinate with procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of materials and services.
- Evaluate supplier bids and proposals to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Work closely with design and engineering teams to clarify technical requirements and resolve design-related issues.
- Ensure that the package aligns with project specifications and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address technical challenges and implement solutions.
Project Execution and Monitoring:
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule for the package.
- Monitor progress against milestones and adjust plans as needed to stay on track.
- Oversee construction activities within the package and ensure quality and safety standards are met.
Communication and Reporting:
- Regularly communicate package status, progress, and potential issues to project management and stakeholders.
- Generate reports and presentations detailing package performance, risks, and mitigation strategies.
Quality Control and Assurance:
- Implement quality control processes to ensure that the package meets specified standards and requirements.
- Coordinate with quality teams to conduct inspections, tests, and audits as necessary.
- Identify potential risks within the package and develop mitigation plans.
- Collaborate with project teams to proactively address risks and minimize their impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) or a related field.
- Project management skills with knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Strong technical understanding of construction processes and relevant codes and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration with diverse teams.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address unexpected challenges.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience required
- Minimum 5+ Years of experience in Oil & gas industry
Bachelor honours degree in a relevant technical discipline from a recognised institution.
Interested and suitable candidates please apply for the role. Suitable candidates will be contacted directly.