Diego Garcia: Deputy Fire Services Chief
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Diego Garcia is a remote, tropical island in the Indian Ocean with a Naval Support Facility that serves as the base of operations, maintenance and logistical support for operational forces forward deployed to the Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf areas. KBR provides a wealth of services to keep the base running and mission ready.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee that the program is administered at the installation level, IAW this issuance, and the DoD F&ESCP Procedural Guide.
- Ensure the integrity of the DoD F&ESCP.
- Oversee all evaluations are carried out IAW required procedures and guidelines.
- Supervises the Assistant Fire Chief for Operations, Assistant Fire Chief for Training, and Assistant Fire Chief for Prevention and Dispatch Center.
- Responsible to the Fire Chief for the operation of the fire station including total contract compliance.
- Inspects fire stations, storage buildings, grounds, fire trucks, and equipment, such as ladders, and hoses to ensure compliance with departmental maintenance standards.
- Routinely responds to emergencies with the Assistant Fire Chief for Operations to assist and observe firefighting strategy and tactics.
- Evaluate classroom and practical training sessions to ensure the efficiency of personnel.
- Supervised and coordinated activities of fire companies fighting multiple alarm fires until relieved by superiors.
- Assists in the development of Fire Department standard operating procedures and plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Fire Chief.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must speak, read, and understand the English language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must hold a country and Government driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. or U.K. citizen.
- Must have a Secret Clearance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Must be certified IAW contract and DoD F&ES Minimum Qualification Standards and Certification Requirements.
DoD CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Fire Officer I, II, III, and IV)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Fire Instructor I, II, and III)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Fire Inspector I, II, and III)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Firefighter I and II)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Airport Firefighter)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Pumper)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Mobile Water Supply)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Public Safety Telecommunicator I and II)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Incident Commander)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Awareness)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Operations with Mission-Specific Competencies, Personal Protective Equipment, and Product Control)
- Adult CPR/AED Training from American Red Cross
- National Registry Emergency Medical Responder (NREMR)
- ICS (100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800)
- Must be at least a High School graduate; An associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Fire Sciences or a closely related field is highly preferred.
- Professional certification in the Fire Investigation course is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years as a principal supervisor in an operation the size and scope similar to that required in Diego Garcia.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver – Together.