Tier 1 Service Desk Technician
KBR is seeking a Tier 1 Service Desk Support Specialist to support government customers in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Provide technical support to organizations internal users of desktop applications and hardware. Answer questions related to procedures, transactions, system status, interacting with network services and application developers in order to restore service, usability, and identify problems.
- Answer questions related to procedures, transactions, system status, interacting with network services and application developers in order to restore service, usability, and identify problems.
- Under direct supervision, assists in monitoring, responding, configuring, installing, and repairing hardware and software problems according to established procedures.
- Deliver IT support remotely over the telephone.
- Implement the most effective solutions when resolving end user computing issues while meeting service level agreements.
- Support customer on day-to-day issues in the operation of standard PC equipment including desktops, laptops, thin clients, software, printers, and peripherals.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Must have 2 or more years of experience providing desktop support in a Microsoft Windows Domain environment.
- A thorough knowledge of Windows 10, Active Directory, Office 365, and experience in providing direct customer support is required. Knowledge of VMware, thin clients, wireless networks, endpoint encryption, and use of ticketing systems is desired.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills supporting end users in a call center environment.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to use and understand remote support tools when required to solve customer issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Meet team goals and expectations measured by metrics.
- Follow documented processes with close attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve all assigned Service Desk tickets according to established metric guidelines and target goals.
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively and accurately document various technical issues utilizing a Service Desk ticket tracking tool.
- Work well under pressure and in a geographically dispersed team setting, must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and possess the ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic, fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with exemplary customer service skills.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks.
- Possess the ability to resolve all assigned Help Desk tickets according to established metric guidelines and target goals.
- Be very detail oriented and able to effective and accurately document various technical issues utilizing a Help Desk ticket tracking tool.
- Be capable of handling computer equipment weighing at least 30 pounds.
- Possess the ability to apply various complex diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions are required.
- Research and resolve technical problems.
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI (with poly preferred)
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.