The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) model was mobilised in 2019 with the purpose of transforming major project delivery at the Sellafield nuclear site.
The partnership brings together KBR, Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure, Altrad Babcock and Sellafield Ltd to deliver a 20-year pipeline of major infrastructure projects to support the decommissioning of Sellafield and to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In delivering its pipeline of large-scale infrastructure projects, PPP is creating opportunities for its people, supply chain, economy and communities.
KBR’s rapidly growing nuclear team of teams is working at the forefront of the UK’s nuclear space on some of the most exciting new-build, defence and decommissioning programmes.
KBR was recently named a “Great Place to Work-Certified” company in 2022, an honour that underscores the company’s commitment to being a UK employer of choice for people who want to do work that matters.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and maintain guidelines, templates and reference materials (including physical, logical and conceptual designs) to accelerate the creation of new architectures including High and Low Level designs
• Develop and maintain building blocks from known architectural artefacts to create a repository of re-useable components to accelerate architectural implementation – emphasise is on IaaS/PaaS services and their use to platform hybrid cloud tools and systems.
• Review vendor provided architecture and platform requirements to design the underpinning hybrid cloud architecture and services to allow development of HLD and LLDs which will be built out by the system integrator
Support the Enterprise Architects to develop and maintain the proposed architectural roadmap
• Provide expert technical advice, guidance and leadership to other areas of the business and external partners with regards to ICT solutions
• Identify, implement, and comply with applicable safety, environmental & quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, and regulatory requirements.
Ensure solution designs demonstrably support enforcement of information assurance and cyber security
Ensure solution designs maximise the use of existing approved architecture and services
• Be knowledgeable of Nuclear Sector Information & Data Classification Policies in addition to the UK Government legislative controls from organisations such as NCSC, ISO, etc
• Maximise within projects the use of Learning from Experience (LFE) and disseminating new LFE to relevant functions.
• Pursue personal development and identification of appropriate training.
• Be knowledgeable & proficient in the application of all Company appropriate SLPs, working practices and approved IT systems.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to business requirements.
• Travel as required.
The PPP Solutions Architect works with vendors and System Integrator(s) to create solution designs that platform COTS tools and systems onto an Azure hybrid cloud. The role supports the Enterprise Architects to produce artefacts, roadmaps and ICT blueprints in alignment with the Sellafield Ltd implementation of the TOGAF framework and aligned to the IT architecture strategy.
Many solutions will involve cross-platform integrations with other systems and capabilities including (but not limited to) Engineering, Construction, Core Corporate, Back Office and Public Cloud Technology Domains.
The Solution Architect will also be required to include awareness of the Information Standards and Classifications used within a construction and engineering environment within the Nuclear sector for each of their solutions and then ensure system designs allow these to be assured and managed including integrating tools, systems and their supporting platforms into SIEM, SOC and IDAM capabilities/services.
The Solution Architect will provide technical advice and guidance to the Sellafield Ltd ISO Architecture Practice and other business functions. The Solution Architect develops technical solution propositions in line with demands and works with Business stakeholders to translate their scope and requirements into viable ICT solutions. The PPP Solution Architect forms part of the Technical Design Authority governance process within the PPP delivery team and is assured by the Sellafield Ltd ISO and CS&IA governance boards ensuring that ICT solutions are fit for purpose, delivered to approved designs and continue to meet the business requirements through their lifecycle.
Accountable to the Line Manager for:
• Producing solution designs and clearly documented architectural artefacts.
• Leading, planning, and coordinating their activities.
• Acting as subject matter expert for the architecture domain that they operate within.
• Mentoring colleagues as appropriate to improve team effectiveness.
• Looking for opportunities to improve team efficiency and productivity.
Essential: Degree level qualification ideally in an IT/IM discipline
Desirable: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner
MS Azure certifications and Professional accreditations
Experience and Skills:
Design of Azure based hybrid cloud IaaS to platform COTS tools and systems
Use of virtualisation and VDI/thin client presentation services to platform tools and systems
Integration of cloud SaaS/IaaS/PaaS platforms into SIEM and SOC (MS Sentinel)
Design and use of IDAM systems to allow managed, secure access to environments by trusted third parties
MS Azure “Landing Zones” and use of Infrastructure as Code (BICEP) for build of hybrid cloud platforms
Due to the nature of our work and security requirements, KBR does not offer sponsorship. We can only consider applicants with the right to live and work in the United Kingdom
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and strive to build a workforce that truly reflects the communities we represent. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. If you decide to apply for an opportunity with us, your application will be assessed based purely on your experience, the essential and desirable criteria, and your suitability for the role.#LI-JI1 #LI-HYBRID