Software Engineer - Data Engineer
KBR is seeking a Data Engineer to support one of our government customers in Chantilly, Virginia. The Data Engineer utilizes a diverse range of data-focused skills, experience, deep technical and analytical problem solving, and team-centered solutioning for complex problems to satisfy priority information enabling operations. This position requires strong attributes for problem solving, data analysis, troubleshooting, analytical thinking, and experimentation, often under time sensitive decisions.
- Utilize statistical techniques to analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of data
- Automate and optimize data extraction, cleaning, processing, and analysis functions.
- Develop, validate, and implement data models to solve problems/answer questions
- Develop and implement novel statistical approaches to address complex issues
- Perform data science/engineering with little guidance and independently write reports detailing methods, results, and impacts to assigned issues
- Support in the acquisition of systems, software, and data science related capabilities. experience performing data science/engineering work and writing reports based upon the resulting work/accomplishments • proficiency in statistics packages such as SPSS, SAS, S-PLUS, and R
- Programming skills sufficient to extract, transform, and clean multi-terabyte databases
- Significant current experience (i.e., within last 2 years) in data science/engineering work
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 0 - 5+ years of progressive, relevant work experience.
- Develop and implement methods of automation and optimization of data and products to present to upper management
- Demonstrate understanding of statistical analysis such as regression, anomaly detection and clustering
- Create data packages in the form of databases (DBs), reports, and interactive visualizations
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to relay data science activities, technical findings, and data products for both technical and non-technical customers
- Ability to combine a diverse set of data sources containing multiple forms of information including, but not limited to, Open Source, Publicly Available Information (PAI), Commercially Available Information (CAI), and intelligence records to provide technical information to produce data packages
- Demonstrated ability to use technical and analytic skills to solve complex problem
- (Preferred) Hands-on experience using commercially available data exploitation and visualization tools for analysis (e.g., MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI, Wireshark)
- (Preferred) Knowledge of National Intelligence Agencies and Department of Defense elements
- (Preferred) Advanced Statistical knowledge and analysis methods (e.g., Linear models, multivariate analysis)
- (Preferred) Experience in analytical tool development, identification, and integration
- (Preferred) Master's degree in a science related field
Travel: CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required. (10%)
Security Requirements: Active TS/SCI security clearance w/CI Poly
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.