Special Operations Performance Dietitian (1/75RR, Hunter Army Airfield, GA)
THIS POSITION OFFERS RELOCATION.
Belong. Connect. Grow. with KBR!
KBR is a company of innovators, thinkers, creators, explorers, volunteers, and dreamers; but we all share one goal: to improve the world responsibly and safely. We maintain a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts across the world. We attract the best minds because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness, and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
We are seeking a stellar Special Operations Performance Dietitian that will provide guidance and counseling on nutritional practices to enhance recovery and optimize performance for special operations forces (SOF) personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel on the Preservation of the Force and Family (POTFF) contract. At KBR we maintain a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts – Could this be you?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative and clinical duties within their scope of practice.
- Provide nutritional planning, counseling, and documentation that is guided by evidence-based peer reviewed literature.
- Advise the chain of command on issues pertinent to nutrition and performance nutrition.
- Work within the scope of practice, which may include ordering labs.
- Provide individual and group counseling for guidance on performance nutrition.
- Design and implement performance nutrition programs for SOF personnel in Garrison, TAD/TDY, and deployed settings.
- Develop nutritional protocols and guidelines for rehabilitation and performance.
- Collaborate with the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for implementation of new protocols and guidelines.
- Serve as an advisor on dining facility and/or galley nutrition and liaison between food service and command.
- Assist other regional SOF assets as required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and approved by the chain of command.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
- Serve as an advisor on supplementary nutrition, supplements, and performance enhancing substances within the POTFF program.
- Ensure that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are available.
- Assist with supply inventories and provide input on supply needs.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Performance Dietitian are in safe working condition and are properly utilized.
- Ensure that records are updated as required.
- Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP Staff.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certification.
- Maintain 100% compliance with local mandatory command training requirements.
- Perform administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Participate in peer (record) reviews as directed and required.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the PD position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Document work performed, utilization, encounters, referrals, and all other information on the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e. AHLTA, MHS GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (e.g., Smartbase, etc.), as directed by HP program manager and/or coordinator and.or required by USSoCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- Proficiently utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
- This position requires US Citizenship.
- This position requires a Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain a clearance.
- Master’s level degree in Nutrition Science or related field.
- Certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a specialty certification as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CSSD certification may be waived by the COR if all other qualifications are met; however, the CSSD should be earned within six months of employment.
- Current and valid state certification/licensure.
- May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
- Minimum of 3 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) as a Performance Dietitian with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings. Paid full-time experience as a Government civilian or contract employee at US Army and/or Marine Corps Infantry Units, may be counted towards minimum qualification requirements, provided this experience was gained within the most recent, continuous 1 year, as a directly embedded staff member, on-site with respective Army and/or Marine Corp entities.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and plates up to 25 kilograms.
- Must maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association; must provide front and back proof of all training/certs/documentation.
- Prior military and/or SOF experience.
- Certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
Standard Company Requirements:
- Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
- Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Responsible for completing all required training.
- Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.