KBR has an opening for an Information Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals onsite at KBR, Lexington Park, MD. This position requires on site presence. Remote or Tele-Work is not available.
Duties and Responsibilities:Must have the ability to work with small teams and interface with customers and senior managers. This position will be responsible for the System Administration of IT infrastructure. Day to day duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supports the configuration of system hardware and software, including compliance with all Information Assurance (IA) requirements.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment, including updating existing software, installation of new software, resolution of software issues and repairing or replacing hardware components.
- Provides user support for operating systems, peripherals, and applications.
- Deploys/Administers boundary devices (e.g., managed switches, proxy servers, routers, firewalls, cryptography, and intrusion detection systems)
- Implements Flaw Remediation, Installing Security Patches / Hot Fixes, Software Suite Updates, firmware updates.
- Troubleshoots system flaws and implements technical controls within the hardware or software installed in a network environment.
- Performs technical evaluations of Information Technology systems / components and document findings that will be used in assessing IT Infrastructure upgrades.
- Performs all other duties assigned to support the lab environments and users, including media transfers and documentation of all IT maintenance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is required.
- Two (2) years of experience with computer systems hardware, software, information systems & peripheral equipment such as servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53, or DoD 5205.07 Series or Risk Management Framework and Joint SAP implementation Guide requirements, or NMCI Helpdesk / Network Policy.
- Knowledge of performance monitoring and tuning, upgrades and patching, backup and recovery, as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team in researching data, developing analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
- Current Information Assurance Tech (IAT) Level I certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, or the ability to gain the IAT Level I certification within 6 months is required.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A current Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years is required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.