Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Project Assistant to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Working independently, this position is responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include word processing, data entry and preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources, i.e., workstations, PC’s etc. Performs as primary engineering support focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision of development /product related documentation. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
• Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
• Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
• Supports the Third-Party Intellectual Property process by coordinating the completion of all necessary documentation.
• Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development and maintenance of engineering web pages.
• Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
• Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) with various project management tasks as required.
• Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
• Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
• Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, often coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively. Obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
• Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; identified skills and experience
• US Citizenship
• Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
• Must demonstrate strong skill and ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and management personnel.
• Must possess extensive PC tool knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Must have the ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering support activities while balancing priorities and schedules.
• Must have the desire and willingness to commit to continued learning.
• Experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint a must.
• Experience in SAP, ClearQuest, DOORS, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs is desired.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Engineering Support*
**Organization:** **Airborne Solutions Engineering*
**Title:** *Senior Engineering Project Assistant - Government Systems*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ENG000000PQ*
To apply for this job, contact: