Full Time Employee Contractor
· Support the Project Officer for Solar financial assistance projects involving research, development, and demonstration projects. Provide expertise and assistance to program officials and be responsible for anticipating, identifying and resolving problems that arise in assigned projects.
· Manage a financial assistance (grants) project portfolio. Provide recommendations on technical performance, costs and schedule requirements for financial assistance projects that contribute to the goals and objectives of the Solar Energy Technologies Office.
· Provide Technology Managers and the Program Manager with recommendations on performance, costs and reporting schedule requirements for the assigned project that contributes to the technology area portfolio and the Program?s goals and objectives.
· Provide policy and technical recommendations to promote efficient use of the Department's resources and to achieve programmatic goals.
· Prepare pre-award documents for issuance of financial assistance agreements and contracts. Provides guidance and information resources to financial assistance recipients.
· Initiate and oversee financial and contractual aspects of projects.
· Provide input on workshops related to Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) and on FOA requirement documents.
· Develop materials in support of the annual budget request and prepare monthly financial plans with PM and Operations Supervisor.
· Work to obtain and maintain Project Officer Certifications.
· Provide strategic management support services including metric development, assessments and tracking.
· Implement state of the art financial tools to develop and track fiscal and out-year budgets, spend plans, budget execution status reports, and variance analyses.
· Support the development of key programmatic artifacts including, but not limited to market analysis reports, business cases, program approval documentation, resource management plans, cost feasibility analyses.
· Ensure adherence to all applicable federal regulations, policies and procedures.
· Review requests for reimbursement to ensure they are within the terms of the government grant and in adherence to the Code of Federal Regulations.
· Evaluate proposed budgets to ensure they are reasonable for the tasks being proposed.
· Assist with the financial management of government grants to a network of national laboratories.
· Support the government in determining how best to handle audit findings.
· Other duties as assigned.