Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Responsible for implementing the Software Quality Engineering (SWQE) mission to ensure programs have and are compliant to documented processes which meet customer and company requirements and are capable of producing quality software products. The successful applicant will do this, with minimal supervision, by performing process, product, vendor and special quality evaluations/audits throughout the software development lifecycle as well as using quality sciences to identify, communicate and drive to resolution needed improvements to software development processes and activities. They will provide SWQE management with metrics, reports, schedules, estimates for tasking and other support as necessary. They must be willing to travel, ability to work off-shift and weekends, when needed; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
* Degree focused on engineering and math with specifically applied math, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering. Minors in Math are a plus.
* Experience conducting Production Operations non-deliverable software process evaluations.
* Experience performing problem documentation and resolution, corrective/preventive action, process improvement, quality engineering analysis and metric tasks.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and able to quickly learn other tools and applications required to perform job duties.
* Ability to prioritize and manage assigned tasks and ensure work is completed on time
* Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations as well as resolving issues with multiple organizations.
* Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, root cause analysis.
* Familiar with details of individual aspects of the software lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Formal Testing, Integration & Testing, Release, Configuration Management, Problem Resolution)
* Demonstrated experience performing evaluations of software processes
* Able to create and analyze metric data including statistical analysis
* Ability to independently coordinate a diverse team in identifying root causes and resolution of complex issues
* Familiar with Agile methodologies
* Familiar with AS9100/AS9115
* Ability to travel
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access
* High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
* Experience performing independent and objective verifications of Software Loads in the Production Factory and Flight Line in support fighter jet aircraft deliveries (i.e., Software Installation Facility & Test (SWIFT), Aircraft Software Load at Final Assembly in the factory, and Aircraft Software Load and updates on the Flight Line).
* Ability to identify, gather and analyze data to determine process health (compliance and ability to produce quality products)
* Ability independently develop process and product evaluation schedules
* Ability to independently develop process evaluation checklists from company, program and project command media
* Ability to effectively interface with a variety of management and employee levels
* Ability to provide technical leadership to a small group of software quality professionals in achieving the SWQE mission and objectives
* Well versed in the details of individual aspects of the software lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Formal Testing, Integration & Testing, Release, Configuration Management, Problem Resolution)
* Well versed in Agile methodologies
* Well versed in AS9100/AS9115
* Certified Software Quality Engineer is a plus
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Fort Worth Texas