What we do:
Over 20 years ago CarMax disrupted the automotive industry. 24 years later, CarMax is still disrupting the industry enabling a best in class product organization to provide a seamless customer experience driven by innovation! We are leveraging leading technologies, modern development practices and highly engaged associates to deliver this experience.
Our purpose is to drive integrity in the automotive industry by being honest & transparent in every interaction. It is the foundation of our culture and why CarMax has been on the Fortune 100 Top Places to Work for 14 years straight.
Who we are looking for:
This senior leader is responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise wide eCommerce /digital technology strategy with a strong partnership within our product organization, roadmap and investment plan. You must be inspired to work with creative and technically forward leaders. This position plays an influential role as a member of the senior IT leadership team in shaping IT strategy, be dedicated to the customer focus, making investment and priority trade-off decisions, reducing unit costs, negotiating and managing vendor contracts and improving associate talent, commitment and morale. An important piece is culture, technical direction and understand how the product meets the needs of the customer since they are at the knife’s edge of the use of the product.
Do you have what it takes to leverage a dynamic culture, technical forward thinking team to help drive what is the next emerging innovations for CarMax?
• Partner with key business stakeholders to understand current and future needs to develop an enterprise wide Digital technology strategy
• Create and lead teams through strategic vision; update vision and roadmap as needed
• Foster a strong customer service mind-set through their IT teams, which championing thought leadership and innovation as business partners to be able to reward curiosity
• Search out and bring innovative, external best practice ideas of IT, with particular emphasis on digital, eCommerce / Marketing technologies
• Ensure project initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations – functionality, timeliness and cost
• Expertise in understanding complex technology and applying it in a practical way to create business solutions
• Experience working within a dynamic, customer-centric organization and able to partner with product and product design
• Be able to exercise value based leaderships
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Performs effectively in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Ability to evaluate long term impact when making recommendations and decisions. How to influence the organization in the right direction
• The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of professional experience in implementing Online/eCommerce solutions
• Minimum 10 years management/leadership experience including recruiting, coaching and mentoring, with a proven track record of building highly effective teams
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, or related discipline
• A proven ability to deliver IT solutions with predictability and quality
• Extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting and allocation
• Extensive experience with third party software evaluation, selection, vendor negotiation and vendor management
• Experience preferred with MS .Net, MS SQL, MS Azure, Endeca Search, Akamai CDN, Adobe Analytics & Target, iOS and Android application development
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers and senior management
• Ability to influence others’ behavior toward the enterprise’s goals; having a high emotional intelligence; can build trust while maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to listen and to manage conflicts and achieve compromise while meeting meaningful goals and respecting other parties’ perspectives
If think this is you, let us know and apply! What are you waiting for?
See for yourself on why you should come work here: