General Dynamics Information Technology - Federal Civilian Division is currently looking for a Lead Serena Engineer/Architect to support our customer at DHA - Solution Deliver Division. This position remote position.
The qualified individual's primary responsibility is to provide for maintenance, technical support and monitoring of Serena SBM and Version Manager applications. Support the design, build, development and migration activities of new virtual environments for the SBM and VM applications. Configure systems and participate with the team in decisions for complex information systems.
- Support the analysis/design/implementation/documentation of Serena SBM workflows
- Serena SBM Application Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server DB Administration
- Troubleshoots complex problems that come from Client or end users that requires research and new solutions
- System security review and mitigation (STIG, ACAS, Annual Review, POAM)
- Routine monitoring of logs
- Defines and implements application level architecture design.
- Provide guidance at expert level in performance tuning of web systems.
- Work with client and other teams to implement and resolve web tier issues.
- Write specifications, how-to documentation, test plans, test reports, and best-practices.
- Identifies and consults with internal technical resources to produce strategic designs.
- Provides operational support for web systems and application platforms
- Monitors web service to ensure user needs are responded to on as needed and the systems are meeting ongoing business needs
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. 8-10 years of related software development experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience
- Expert knowledge in Serena Composer
- Expert knowledge in Serena Orchestration and Scripting
- Expert knowledge in Serena SBM Configuration and Administration
- Requires competence in all phases of the life cycle, systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods
- Requires knowledge of hardware and management practices
- Strong understanding of Serena SBM and VM applications
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills in complex hosting/software/security environments
- Possesses understanding in great depth of web-tier and associated technologies.
- Possesses understanding of Apache Tomcat application server administration in Windows.
- Technical Bachelor's Degree or related degree and/or appropriate certification required.
Desireable Skills (not mandatory or required)
- DoD and or DHA/SDD experience
- Knowledge/experience with application integration
- Knowledge/experience with system security best practices and standards, especially DoD related security standards and processes
- Knowledge/experience with VMWare virtualization
- Knowledge/experience with trustworthy computing practices, Fortify, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with IP network technologies and protocols
- Knowledge/experience setting up interfaces with external systems such as Remedy
Click on "TN" to join our Talent Network:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.