Join General Dynamics Information Technology and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world?s most complex technical challenges.
Everyday General Dynamics Information Technology makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We are inspired by the important missions of our customers and we believe that by working together we can deliver exceptional solutions and services to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation!
Currently, we are seeking a Junior System Administrator for the Communications, Operations & Maintenance Function II (COM-F II) in Scott AFB, IL. The selected candidate must have or be able to obtain government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret). This position will be a 2nd shift (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm) supporting the Global Decision Support System (GDSS).
COM-F provides operations and maintenance services in support of HQ AMC/A6 mission needs supporting the operational functionality and readiness of systems, infrastructure, and IT support services.
So what is required of a Junior System Administrator on a day to day basis?
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. - Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS or equivalent + 0 yrs experience
- Must have an active Secret clearance (may start with an Interim Secret Clearance)
- Must have a CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Must have experience with XSG Virtual Servers, RHEL 6.8, Windows 200x Active Directory, Virtual Servers, DOD experience, and Load balancing
- It would be great if you also had experience with: BMC Remedy, General knowledge of scripting languages, and NetIQ monitoring