We are seeking a Network Engineer in Stuttgart, Germany!
Essential Job Functions
Maintain O&M Network infrastructure
Troubleshoot service request tickets and work on new designs to improve the networking environment.
Provide technical assistance to team members to resolve Network issues and be able to close out STIG violation on a regular bases.
Design, implement, maintenance, test and document Network services of the current and ever evolving infrastructures.
Provide onsite and remote support to EUCOM customers who have critical response time requirements.
Assess and evaluate current Network computing infrastructure; design, document, test and implement Network services and devices.
Develop and execute contingency plans for Network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
Provide knowledgeable consulting, technical guidance and leadership to technical review boards; configuration control boards; developers, engineers and senior managers.
Responsible for updating Network documentations, diagrams and engineering design plans.
Must have in-depth Microsoft Visio knowledge to add and change Network documentations.
Conduct research, evaluate and recommend cost effective Network solutions using current or new technologies to support the technology strategies of the core business.
- Experience in Routing and Switching topologies: Hands on experience in OS/LAN/WAN protocols pertaining to Cisco Hardware (IOS, NXOS, 802.1Q, VTP, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, QoS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, NTP, and VoIP)
- Experience in Virtual Private Networks (VPN): Site to Site, Remote Access, SSL, Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN)
- Experience with COMSEC equipment (TACLANEs, VIASAT)
- Experience in Security topologies: Firewalls, IPS/IDS
- Experience with Network Management Tools: SNMP V3 Tools such as Whats Up Gold
- Willingness to deploy to offsite customer locations when needed to perform Job duties
- Experience utilizing Enterprise ticketing system, such as Remedy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Works well inside team environment, positive can do attitude
- Experience and or familiarity with Cisco Nexus product line (Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k)
- Sniffer Analysis: Capture and analyze sniffer captures such as WireShark or Netscout
- Familiarity with installing and configuring Type 1 Crypto hardware common in DoD networks (such as: KG-175D, KG-250, ViaSAT, KIV-7s)
- Familiarity with Cisco Call Manager and VoIP handsets
- Familiarity with Video Teleconference Systems (Tandberg, Polycom)
- Familiarity with the DISA STIG and IAVM process
- Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP): one of the following: R&S, Data Center, Service Provider, Security
Qualifications / Certifications
- CompTIA CASP (or other certification IAT Level III)
- One of the following computing environment certification is required
- Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Level Clearance
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- On Call Duties will be required
- Must meet TESA requirements
- May be required to sign for equipment