Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA, is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team developing next generation air traffic systems. Raytheon?s Air Traffic Systems (ATS) sub-mission area is a world leader in air traffic automation, surveillance and navigation, responsible for providing air traffic tools to air navigation service providers (ANSPs) around the world.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions ?backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise? is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
This position is for a Test Lead/Principal Systems Engineer who will perform system and subsystem requirements development, system level design, and support to software development, with an emphasis on system level integration and test leadership. Regular duties include participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews, producing requirements artifacts, characterizing system performance, developing test plans and procedures, coordinating with internal stakeholders, and communicating with customers.
Additionally, this candidate will leverage their experience to lead small to medium size test teams.
This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
This position requires domestic travel for 2 weeks every quarter.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Proven ability to lead small to medium sized engineering teams.
· Experience developing system level integration and test plans and procedures.
· Working knowledge of COTS workstations and networks
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
· Working knowledge of Linux, DOORS and ClearCase.
· Occasional domestic travel in support of the program; potential international travel
Desired Experience and Skills:
· Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Air Traffic Management Systems
· Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems, such as ARTS/CARTS, STARS, ERAM, SWIM, or ASDE is a plus, as is familiarity with customer communities, standards and future initiatives, such as: Euro control, ICAO, Single European Sky, Nextgen ATMS and Weather Systems, and trajectory and flow management.
· Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
· Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing
· Task Management or other Lead role for development or integration and test efforts
Minimum of 8 Years of applicable work experience and a BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or 6 years of experience with MS/MA in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or 4 years of experience with PhD in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.