Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of Radar Sensor Systems. We provide the War Fighter the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is for an Engineering Fellow to provide engineering leadership to the systems, software, integration & test, and field engineering teams as part of the Airborne Early Warning and Reconnaissance Systems Department. This department provides the full range of systems design, integration and test, and analysis-related activities in support of Advanced RF and Secure Sensor Solutions (S3) radar programs.
Job Description Primary Duties:
The Engineering Fellow will be responsible for playing a major role in the development, qualification and sustainment of Advanced Radar Sub-systems and Systems. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and visionary thinking in the design and development of advanced Radar Systems for Airborne Applications. In particular, developing RF system requirements and providing technical engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and SAS processes. The candidate will be responsible to develop next generation multi-function Radar and advanced radar functionalities to support growth of the radar sensor product line, through RF analysis, modeling and simulation techniques performed during conceptual development and detailed design activities, and support trades to reduce risk and exploit opportunities. The candidate will serve as the organizational spokesperson on advanced projects and shape the strategic direction of the business by proactively seeking to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs across the business. This includes the identification of technical discriminators for key business pursuits, and planning and execution of IRAD and CRAD projects to develop advanced technologies to support existing and new business markets.
These activities include:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Perform RF link budget analysis and lead system trade studies
- Develop RF system requirements, allocation and flow down to subsystems and components
- Support key SAS pursuits in identification of technical discriminators and overall technical content.
- Proposal preparation to include generation of technical and cost volumes, and participation in pink/red team reviews.
- Assess capabilities of subcontractors and vendors and engage to resolve technical issues.
- Support program independent reviews, peer reviews, gates and other program engagements to identify and mitigate risks associated with RF System requirements, implementation and execution.
- Provide technical mentoring of early career engineers in RF system architecture, design and signal processing for multi-function systems.
- Establish and leverage relationships with peers in other Raytheon businesses
The candidate will be a recognized expert in RF Systems Engineering based on a proven and documented track record of experience and expertise spanning a minimum of 12 years across multiple programs and technologies, with experience in:
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Systems Engineering, or related experience
- Minimum of 12 years professional related work experience with the development of novel architectures and/or signal processing solutions for Radar applications, as evidenced by patents and/or publications
- Strong mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
- Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
- Demonstrated technical leadership of multi-disciplined teams of technical experts and engineers
- Demonstrated leadership of new business initiatives, identification and execution of IRAD/CRAD activities and transition to production
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, solid judgement, reasoning and decision making abilities
- Experience interfacing, communicating and presenting to all levels of the organization including senior executive leadership and customers
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Willingness to travel to domestic and international locations
- Nationally recognized SME and highly respected within the customer community and field of expertise.
- Generation of technical and product roadmaps for RF systems
- Good understanding of international contract agreements, particularly those that are used in the US, European Union and Middle Eastern countries.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or related productivity program tools and processes.
All of these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon?s Code of business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.Required Education
: Master?s Degree of Science in Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.Desired Education:
Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) in related technical discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.