This is a multi-level position that can be a salary grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, education and responsibilities required for the position.
The Inspection Supervisor is responsible for frontline supervision of 15 or more Inspection personnel and able to successfully plan, schedule, and evaluate workloads. The candidate will also be able to conduct the following activities:
- Monitor daily operations and schedule/provide direction to Inspectors as required
- Oversee, develop, and conduct training of Inspectors in all facets of department operations, procedures, and regulations
- Assist inspectors, internal, and external customers with assembly and supplied hardware/finished goods issues
- Evaluate current and projected workload and equipment and supply needs
- Report, collaborate and advise internal and external customers on inspection and operations requirements/procedures
- Prepare various productivity reports/metrics from SAP system and other databases
- Manage Inspection flow, priorities, and metrics.
- Manage equipment, material, resources, and physical area used for inspection including, Assembly, Receiving, Shipping, Mechanical, and Electrical Inspection/Testing.
- Perform and support audits and continuous improvement projects in the area.
- Represent Management in Factory/Staff meetings as required
- 4 years or more experience with a minimum of 4 years in a supervisory role
- Familiarity with Inspection including Receiving and Shipping processes
- Proficient in desktop computing and application programs (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven communication and Interpersonal Skills to collaborate at all levels
- Experience with inspection by work instructions and/or blue prints/drawings
- Experience and/or training in problem solving techniques and tools, e.g. RCCA/5 Whys/8D
- Familiarity with production/manufacturing processes
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- 6 years or more, of experience in a supervisory role
- 6 years or more experience leading teams in a production environment
- Understanding of Hardware Quality Assurance, Hardware Development, and/or Quality Engineering
- Interpret, execute, and recommend modification to policies and procedures
- ASQ Certification, ex. CQI, CQE, CQM
- General knowledge of Auditing Procedures/Assessments
- General knowledge of management tools LSW and Tier meetings
- General knowledge of measuring tools and metrology
- Familiar with Program Quality Requirements, Quality Flow Down, and Supplier Quality functions and/or Value Stream Mapping/Process flow
- Supervision of Bargaining Unit personnel
- Proficiency in RayTrak, Hold Processing System (HPS), Configuration As-Built System (CABS), Product Data Management (PDM) System, and COMPASS (MVL Lab) a plus
- SAP (PRISM) experience or equivalent business management system
- General knowledge of LEAN Basics, Strategic Error Proofing, GEMBA, etc…
- Experience in Manpower, Budgeting/planning(EAC)
- Experience in Project Management
Required Education (including Major):
- BS or BA
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.