SME II (Job Number:441635)
SAIC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert in cyber-security to work onsite with our customer at Ft. Meade.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Level II The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate:
- Communicates complex programmatic cyber planning information, orally and in writing, elicits understanding and support from professional peers and non-specialists.
- Demonstrates broad, expert knowledge of the Command’s Cyber missions, authorities, and capabilities as well as equivalent information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Command’s external program partners which includes (but not limited to) other DoD commands and agencies, other U.S. Government agencies and key partners.
- Evaluates and conducts development of Cyber Network Operations (CNO) requirements and assists in creating CNO Lines of Operations (LOO).
Daily activities include:
- Serves as SME, possessing in-depth knowledge on subjects relating to the conduct, activities, governance, business practices, or operation of USCYBERCOM
- Provides extensive technical knowledge and analysis of exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective development and implementation of solutions
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- Works independently without supervision
- Possesses understanding and has wide experience in the application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the required technical field, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Provides technical expertise in a particular area of IT (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications, Network Systems Management, etc.) or a specific USCYBERCOM functional area (e.g., logistics, cyberspace operations research, joint operations planning, policy, technical intelligence, etc.)
- Initiates action for providing expert support analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems and processes relating to the subject matter
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts on unusually complex technical problems and provides innovative and ingenious solutions
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives; assignments are often self- initiated
- Initiates action, determines and pursues COAs necessary to obtain desired results
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the area of expertise with a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline in the area of expertise from an accredited college or university; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem
- ACTIVE TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 8:43:28 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job