full-time employee contract
Network Operational Engineer (IP OE)
We support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) providing critical mission support in a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure directly supporting joint warfighters and national level leaders across the full spectrum of military operations. This Network Operational Engineer role provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) IP networks.
Responsibilities may include:
• Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF, OSPFv3.
• Configuration of routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of protocols to include: OSPF, BGP, and HSRP.
• Routing and switching (VPN, VLAN, BGP, and HSRP)
• Identification and documentation of network errors and solutions.
• Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
• Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and less than 2 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 or higher baseline certification (Security+ CE or CCNA Security, CISSP or equivalent)
• CCNA Routing & Switching (or CCNP, CCIE) (Desired)
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
• Experience with ports and protocols.
• Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols (e.g. BGP, ISIS), IPsec, traffic shaping, firewalls (e.g. CISCO ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, Crypto network appliances, and/or WAN traffic acceleration
• Proven expertise with networking protocols to include IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS
• Proven technical hands-on experience working with Cisco routing protocols in an enterprise environment (static routes, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, route maps, redistribution)
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance
• Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
• Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
• Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Security certification and/or knowledge of DDoS and other attack vectors experienced in today' networks.
• Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
• Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
• Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco are a strong plus.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program
Security Clearance: Current Secret or Top Secret clearance, will process for Top Secret (Must be U.S. Citizen)
Work location: Scott AFB, IL (O’Fallon, IL) or Hill AFB, UT (Ogden, UT)
- Scott AFB: Shift work (likely swing shift, 1500-2300 local), 40 hrs/week
- Hill AFB: Daytime working hours, 40 hrs/week
This is a funded position with immediate availability.
POC: If interested, please upload your resume and also directly contact our HR lead, Mark Aschenbach, (703) 488-2073, firstname.lastname@example.org (please send copy of your resume and certifications).
ManTech -- A leader in Enterprise IT, full-spectrum cyber, data collection and analytics, and systems engineering and software applications. Check us out at www.ManTech.com. Celebrating 50 years of service to our Nation.