U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our dynamic team of engineers and scientists produces leading-edge solutions for a range of government customers in a technically challenging environment and values both individual initiative and collaboration. We are seeking a signal processing engineer with underwater acoustics experience to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, algorithm development, embedded and real-time implementation and optimization, modeling and simulation, and performance testing. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers benefits including a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, competitive pay, and performance based bonuses.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Software engineering proficiency in C/C++ within a Linux environment
• Working knowledge of MATLAB for the purposes of algorthim development
• Real-time signal processing for detection, classification, localization, and tracking (DCLT)
• Experience working within a formal software development process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• US DoD Secret clearance is required
The ideal candidate will also possess some or all of the following
• Real-time software development experience in vxWorks or RedHawk
• Data science, regression analysis and machine learning techniques for data analysis
• Prior work analyzing system performance, and algorithm optimization
• Working knowledge of underwater acoustics
• Prior experience presenting technical results to customers
• Prior experience writing white papers and proposals to government customers
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline with 6 years of experience
• Those with additional years of experience and/or graduate educations are encouraged to apply
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.