Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) Facilities & Real Estate is seeking to strengthen its team with an experienced
Sr. Facilities Engineer I, Building Services Mechanical Design Engineer (HVAC and Piping).
This Mechanical Engineer will report to an Architectural & Engineering Manager for day to day assignments. The Mechanical Engineer will design, implement and inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, Piping systems and utilities. Design mechanical systems for new buildings or retrofit energy efficient systems to existing structures.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the design and oversight of HVAC and Piping systems to meet scope of work, coordinating budgets, meeting with clients- client liaison; Team Leader, preparation of specifications and drawings; assisting in the development of and mentoring junior staff; and inspection of mechanical systems, troubleshoot issues on jobs and assist with bidding effort as needed.
Required Skills: Minimum of 4+ years of experience in design of HVAC and Utility systems
- Generate Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Air Flow diagrams (AFD’s).
- Size and specify HVAC & Piping components & equipment
- Develop piping ISO’s and prepare specifications
- Independently conduct evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s)
- Design, troubleshoot, and commission mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air distribution, ventilation air conditioning, building automation and controls, piping and utilities
- Prepare CAD drawings detailing the systems designed; one-line diagrams and prepare/ review calculations for loads
- Have a thorough knowledge of codes
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application
- Coordinates with other disciplines (electrical, fire protection, architectural, structural, etc.)
- Work with Design Team, stakeholders and Clients to meet scheduled project milestones of multiple projects
- Understands and applies concepts of CHW, HW, WSHP, variable & constant flow systems
- Understands Hydronic Systems: hot -steam, chilled water systems
- Have a thorough understanding of psychometrics and be able to apply to every project
- AutoCAD Proficiency with MEP
- Experience with a broad range of building types including, but not limited to, aerospace facilities, government facilities, warehouses, industrial and commercial facilities
- Experience in utilities including water, steam, LN2, GN2 and plumbing systems
- Proficient in Title 24 Building HVAC load and energy calculations and modeling
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred. (State of California license or current registration in another state and able to obtain California license)
- Prior project management experience is a plus
- LEED Certification and Project Management experience is a plus and preferred
- Advanced equipment selection and analysis – chillers, boilers, air terminals, cooling towers, air valves, HEPA filters, DX equipment, and water source heat pumps (WSHP)
- Experience with HVAC systems for government facilities, secure access facilities, clean rooms, commercial, industrial, and manufacturing environments
- Ability to lead multi-engineering disciplines
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.