General Dynamics Mission Systems (https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/)
Associate's degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a LCS Mission Module Sustainment Gun Maintenance Technician Sr. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
LCS Mission Module Sustainment Gun Maintenance Technician work with management to accomplish assigned tasking and or troubleshooting efforts to support the Mission Module Readiness Center’s (MMRC) mission. The Lead Gun Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting and testing the hardware and software components to demonstrate all functionality of various Gun Systems preferably with the Mk 44, Mk 46 30mm guns or USMC Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAAV). Experience with other guns such as Mk 15 CIWS, Mk 45 5-inch and Mk 75 76mm Guns is a plus.
- Analyzes and evaluates equipment relative to specified performance parameters.
- Performs hands-on scheduled maintenance on Mission Module equipment.
- Performs hands-on corrective maintenance, to include fault isolation.
- Installs and removes Mission Module equipment on US Navy ships
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with customers/suppliers for technical and supply support.
- May provide flyaway maintenance and installation team support to various sites, both CONUS and OCONUS, when required
- Logistics support
- Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment
- Open to new ideas and can serve as a champion for change and acts to support change when directed from management
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems
- Performs a variety of equipment/process operations involving an application or technical skills in a specific area (electrical, software, manufacturing, etc.)
- Interprets complex engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics, and understand the necessary interfaces
- Performs complex system level troubleshooting to component level
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions
- May develop test specifications and procedures
- May prepare reports, documentation/specifications as required
The candidate will be based in Mayport, Fl and will support the LCS platforms, including travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate. The selected candidate will be expected to travel 20% of the time supporting Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-class ships) and will work within the parameters and rules common to U.S. Naval vessels.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The selected candidate will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and lead Engineer for testing on the assigned Gun system under the direction of the Site Leadership. The candidate will be responsible for the status and grooming of the assigned system to prepare for test. The candidate will engage in troubleshooting efforts and will report anomalies to management and create problem reports.
- Familiar with DOD inventory control policy and procedures and/or commercial processes.
- Analyze current inventory, spot-checking to ensure that actual inventory coincides with computerized inventory, checking on back orders
- Works with Managers and Site Leads in the dealership, planning for the appropriate availability of parts and supplies, and participating in forecasting and revising plans
- Works with Transportation Coordinator to maintain delivery schedules and track deliveries to ensure deliveries are met
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Builds productive team and internal/external working relationships
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the GDMS culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure GDMS services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
- Will be required to perform physically demanding work, to include working in tight, restricted access spaces.
- Must be able to climb 20 ft ladders and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waist level.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Mk 44, Mk 46 30mm guns on the LPD-17 Class or USMC Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAAV).
- Experience with other guns such as Mk 15 CIWS, Mk 45 5-inch, 57mm Gun and Mk 75 76mm Guns is helpful.
- Candidates with VLS Experience will also be considered
- This individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Word, Project, Excel and Access
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment and effectively communicate customer initiatives, strategy and mission needs
- Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly with interfaces in uniform and with engineers in other companies
- Licensed Forklift Operator
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran