Check us out on YouTube:
Have you ever asked yourself why do we test our products? How much should we test our products? How much testing is enough? How to make test more affordable? Where is the most appropriate place to test our products? If you would like to be part of those decisions, then the Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC) is the place for you.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) EO Systems Department has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain engineering development stations that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software
Experienced level engineer position for an individual with educational and professional experience in the development and implementation of firmware (FW) for interface communications and/or data processing applications. The individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, and utilization of firmware and hardware to interface real-time and closed-loop with weapon subsystems in a way that provides an operationally relevant stimulus to allow for weapon software development integration.
The individual is expected to work in a team environment, on diverse projects and receive direction from his/her lead. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance. The individual is expected to work in accordance with the Systems Test directives and HWIL One Page Process to perform product design, development, implementation and maintenance.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience designing FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog.
- Prior experience and knowledge in Unix/Linux computing environments
- Experience in Xilinx Programmable Devices (Virtex and Spartan Families) or Altera programmable devices (Cyclone, Stratix and Max)
- Experience using VHDL simulation tools ModelSim or NCSim
- Experience using synthesis tools including Synplify and back-end tools including Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Altera Quartus and others
- Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
- Experience working in teams and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a diverse team of engineers
- 2 years of professional experience designing FPGAs using VHDL.
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as SRIO, Aurora Experience with Timing Closure and utilizing Chipscope
- Experience and knowledge developing requirements for Firmware products
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Proficiency in Linux or Unix
- Working knowledge in the integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces a plus
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy, Subversion, or git
- Working knowledge/course work of signal & image processing, digital communications, control theories, estimation theory and/or electro optics
- Experience utilizing performance simulations, such as 6 Degrees Of Freedom (6DOF) or Integrated Flight Software (IFS)
- Candidates must be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or Master’s Degree (MS) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math or related fields required.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.