** Employment is contingent upon meeting all medical requirements for overseas assignment, including comprehensive post-offer medical examination **
Raytheon IIS Field Engineering is currently seeking a Field Engineer (FE) for the Rapid Aerostat Initial Deployment (RAID) program. The FE will support integrations, set-up, testing, and operations at the assigned Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) locations. The FE will be considered the technical expert and must be able to answer all technical questions regarding the operation of the system. The FE will provide support to all locations on a rotational basis. CONUS training in various locations will be required prior to deployment.
The successful candidate must:
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have knowledge of, and be capable of using, operating systems and database management systems
- Perform analysis of system operations
- Be available for assignments to OCONUS and/or Middle East locations; both short-term and long-term deployments
- Direct experience with systems integration, software, and electro-mechanical systems
- Direct experience with MS Window OS and Windows Server
- Hands-on experience with tower-based sensors and/or aerostat-based sensor and communications equipment to include installation and operation
- Ability to plan, schedule and complete all activities required to meet established goals
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to align priorities appropriately
- Must be willing and available to travel on short notice and for extended periods
Security Clearance Requirement: Existing Secret Clearance. A Secret clearance that has been inactive less than 24 months, and can be quickly reactivated, may also be acceptable.Mandatory physical requirements:
- Understanding of sensor or radar system operations and maintenance.
- Experience with RAID sensor systems to include Aerostats
- Experience with BETSS-C suite of systems to include FPS, RDISS and Cerberus
- Ability to train operators in the use and maintenance of RAID and BETSS-C systems
- Experience with FLIR Star Safire sensors
- Knowledge of military protocol
- Past military experience highly desirable.
- Past experience in a combat environment a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Working knowledge with Total Asset Visibility (TAV) website or like application for supply and maintenance tracking.
Special Work Circumstances:
- Ability to climb platforms
- Must be able to move and/or lift weights such as ladders, tools, and cable reels weighing up to 60 pounds using proper lifting techniques or material moving equipment
- Ability to work outdoors in Middle East desert conditions
- Able to work 12-16 hour days and be on call 24/7 while deployed
- Extensive travel will be required; up to 100% to include Afghanistan, Iraq, and other international destinations.
- Must be able to deploy to remote international locations with little notification.
- Must be willing and able to deploy to environments that may include harsh living conditions (extreme heat and cold, deployed living conditions, etc.) and/or hostile work environment.
- Must be able to move and/or lift weights such as test equipment, ladders, tools, and cable reels weighing up to 60 pounds using proper lifting techniques or material moving equipment.
- Must be able to live and work in the Middle East desert with temperatures above 120 degrees F.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years’ experience and/or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education may substitute for the degree.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related
technical discipline, with a minimum of 2 years experience, OR an
Associate Degree with 6 years of related experience OR High School and
10 years of related experience, training and education may substitute for
** Employment is contingent upon meeting all medical requirements
for overseas assignment, including comprehensive post-offer
medical examination **
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.