Job Description: The Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) Program is seeking a Sr. Logistics Specialist. WAAS is a safety-critical system consisting of the equipment and software that augments the Department of Defense (DoD) Global Positioning System (GPS) Standard Positioning Service (SPS). The WAAS provides a Signal-in-Space (SIS) to WAAS Users to support phases of flight from En Route to Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance (LPV)-200. The broadcast SIS provides three functions: (1) a ranging function, which improves service availability and continuity; (2) differential GPS corrections, which improve positioning accuracy; and (3) integrity monitoring, which improves safety. Data from the GPS satellites are received at widely dispersed sites, referred to as Wide-area Reference Stations (WRSs). The data collected by the WRSs is forwarded to Wide-area Master Stations (WMSs). All WRS data is processed at the WMSs to determine satellite signal integrity, compute satellite clock and ephemeris corrections and associated residual errors for all monitored satellites as well as compute ionospheric delay corrections. In addition to providing integrity information on GPS satellites, WAAS verifies the integrity of its own data broadcast and takes any necessary action to ensure that the SIS meets the WAAS performance requirements.
The WAAS Depot is responsible for replacement and repair of all WAAS baseline equipment (LRU level) for approximately 50 sites across US, Canada, and Mexico. The Sr. Logistics Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all requests for field hardware support are handled in accordance with FAA field requests, coordinating meetings between Raytheon and FAA logistics team, and ensuring that Raytheon team is evaluating field and repair data to proactively identify improvements to repair processes, issues with low spares, support obsolescence evaluations, and general process improvements. The WAAS Sr. Logistics Specialist is also responsible for doing similar activities for the much smaller WAAS GEO Service Lease contract with 4 sites of specialized equipment outside of the WAAS baseline.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written, are required to effectively work with internal and external personnel
- Ethical behavior, a positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential to success in this position
- General knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and contracting
- Professional and comfortable working with management and customers
- Team player, willing to work in a cross-team environment and comfortable with a consistently changing/evolving program philosophy that requires “out of the box thinking”
- Self-starter that requires little supervision and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Detailed oriented and efficient
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Ability to learn how to research and retrieve information and perform transactions in various business systems utilized by Property Management such as PRISM, UPS, and PDM
- 4 years’ experience in related field
- Six Sigma Certification
- MS Access knowledge
- SharePoint knowledge
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Property Management, Materials Management, and Government contract regulations
- Familiarity with an ERP system such as SAP and asset tracking software
Required Education (including Major):
BA/BS in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Engineering or STEM, or a major related to this job description. 8+ years of applicable professional experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.