Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Lead OMI Systems Engineer
Job Number: 1076764
WHO WE ARE
KBRwyle is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This Operator-Machine Interface (OMI) Systems Engineer position is located in Dallas, TX.
The successful candidate will provide architecture design, implementation oversight, systems integration, verification and validation, interface management and general technical assessments to the Advanced Sensors Technologies (AST) Program Office (PO) focusing on the Operator-Machine Interface (OMI) for the Littoral Surveillance Radar System (LSRS) and Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
supporting development and refinement of OMI system architectures to include requires definition;
supporting OMI conceptual design;
investigating emerging OMI technologies/concepts;
providing OMI technical support for contractual documentation;
evaluation of contract proposals for technical feasibility;
supporting integration of OMI into system architecture and systems of systems;
providing technical support to OMI specification verification activities;
providing support for OMI interface management and compliance; providing technical, cost, and schedule assessment of OMI-related efforts.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Hands-on experience operating OMI for aircraft or airborne systems
- Experience with various OMI concepts, architectures, and implementations
- Ability to assess OMI functionality, usability, and effectiveness
- Experience with DoD OMI design standards
- Effective oral and written communication skills - Effective organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment - Demonstrated ability to work with integrated teams comprised of military, civilian, and contractor personnel - Proficiency with Microsoft Office products - Experience working in a DoD security environment
- Operational experience with DoD active duty customers - Experience with Advanced Sensor Technologies Program Office
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required.
Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities
LEARN MORE ABOUT KBRwyle:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering, Technology, & Science