We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
As a Senior Tactical Radios Software Developer, typical job functions include:
- Participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate real-time embedded software products for Tactical Communication and Radio Systems. Products include software running on real time embedded hardware (General Purpose Processors, Digital Signal Processors, etc.) as well as the associated diagnostic, analysis, and support application software.
- Contribute as a software team member and possibly direct a small software team (1-2 others). Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support.
- Responsible for some or all of a software product, contributing as a software team member and possibly directing a small software team.
- Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, test, and support.
- 8+ years of work related experience with application software; see examples in desired skills.
- BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Software development experience with C, C++, or related languages.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience spanning software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, or other RTOS.
- Experience with RTOS IDEs, workbenches, or equivalent development tools.
- Experience in Communications (Radios) domains.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Experience with Signal Processing algorithm implementation, MATLAB, Simulink, or similar modeling tools.
- Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing.
- Experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
**Why Choose Raytheon
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We support career development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
- One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
- Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
- A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.