This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
The Sensor Systems Group in Newport, RI is seeking a motivated full-time employee to enhance complex simulation environments and perform analysis of underwater acoustic data. The candidate should be capable of independent work but also able to collaborate closely with peers in an agile development and analysis environment.
Required Education / Experience:
• 6 Years with a BS./BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Acoustics; 4 years with MS/MA; 0 years with PhD.
• Working knowledge of time and frequency domain signal processing techniques for modeling, simulation, and data analysis.
• Have an active or current DoD Top Secret clearance
• Additional years of experience beyond minimum required experience will be considered
• Modeling & Simulation experience or course work preferred
• Proficiency in MATLAB or Simulink
The ideal candidate will also possess some or all of the following
• Data science, regression analysis and machine learning techniques for data analysis
• Prior work analyzing system performance, and parameter optimization
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• Proficiency in C/C++ and / or Java a plus
• Knowledge of underwater acoustics
• Prior experience presenting technical results to customers
• Prior experience writing white papers and proposals to government customers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.