Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of advanced EO systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Advanced EO Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS EO programs.
These activities include:
- Development of mathematical algorithms for EO signal processing and calibration
- Development of mathematical algorithms for target tracking and data fusion
- Development and maintenance of system requirements and system architectures, to include leading and/or participation in requirements trade studies
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from sensors on various platforms
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
- Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience developing original mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques OR 2+ years of related work experience with Advanced degree
- Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, or related languages
- Demonstrated mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
- Knowledge of data association and track filtering techniques (e.g., Kalman Filtering, Multi-Hypothesis Tracking)
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list.
- Able to effectively perform multiple tasks and priority actions
- Work experience in requirements and system architecture development and maintenance
- Experience in developing algorithms, in particular target tracking algorithms for surveillance radar and EO applications.
- Experience in radar and EO data analysis
- Experience in target tracking for surveillance radar applications
- Expertise in Matlab, C/C++ preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with DOORS
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Experience working on a technical team of Systems Engineers and Analysts
- Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline;
Desired Education: Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.