SAIC currently has a job opening for a Test Engineer
• The Test Engineer will support the Ground Based Operational Surveillance System (GBOSS) Engineering Team in all test documentation of System of Systems integration of COTS government furnished equipment.
• Select candidate will support government personnel with design, testing, implementation, and support mechanical, electronic, and electrical systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work often times involves improving a capability or parts performance through changes in technology or improved versions of the part or equipment.
• Assist with determining technical solutions for presentation to the government customer.
• Troubleshoot quickly and exercise work independently.
• All performed work will be subject to continuous in-process and final QA/QC.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Define requirements and component specifications for the GBOSS.
• Insure component and system compliance with industry standards
• Conceive new electrical and electronic system designs for customer convenience and efficient manufacturability
• Conduct market and product research on electrical and electronic equipment and components
• Research and integrate new equipment design as industry trends allow
• Generate engineering drawings for new designs and approve all electrical prints for boat release
• Determine power configuration
• Determine battery and charging system requirements.
• Provide technical expertise and insure consistency electrical documentation, methods and practices
• Generate Engineering Change Notice’s (ECN) as required
• Perform final electrical design verification tests
• Insure timely and adequate completion of all applicable test documents for the project
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline and 9+ years of related experience.
• Computer-aided design experience.
• Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, etc.)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience product design with knowledge of production processes.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Problem solving and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent communication skills in team environments as well as on individual projects are mandatory.
• Must possess the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
• Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities along with a strong work ethic required.
• Military C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience highly desired.
• Security Clearance Requirement: An active, transferable DoD Secret (or higher) clearance is required.